STOP DABBLING AND BECOME SERIOUS

 By Matata Mercy

If you are trying to succeed at something be it a career, relationship or improve your health.

What do you really need to do? And how do you know that you are going to succeed?

 The only way you are going to know whether you will succeed at something is by committing to doing something for a long time. 

How long should that be?

 In my own opinion, committing to at least 5years of doing that which you want to venture in would be a very good idea. 

If you want to start a new career, new relationship or implement a new health strategy, you will need to commit to at least 5years in order for you to be able to start seeing tangible results. 

For example, if you are starting a new business, do not even think of giving up in the first year. 

In the first year very little happens if at all it is there, this is when the business is beginning to get customers, build products that users love, building a strong brand among the users.

 If it is a new website or blog, it is beginning to get links, get traffic and users are beginning to comment on the content.

 Most people I know will never succeed at building a successful website simply because we keep selfsabotaging ourselves.

 We erase any small progress that we make in our endeavours due to impatience.

 We want to see results quickly and so we keep changing URLs and blog topics very often. It happened to me, am  victim.

 I used to change the web address of my first websites very often including blog topics. 

After some time, it sunk into my head that following my path with a heart was the best strategy.

 I learnt this from the success of other bloggers who kept at it for a long time. 

Nigerian blogger Lindaikeji and Steve pavlina, were the people who  inspired me to keep at it.

 And iam sure I will keep doing this even for the next 5 or 10 years if am still alive and the internet still exists. 

This is something I can do even without earning a penny. 

Just the pure love for writing that keeps me going. 

So if you are serious about pursuing something like a career, business or relationship, you need to take the long term view. 

Most times, it will pay off.

Comments