RECORDING MUSIC

  By Matata Mercy

One of the goals that i have set for myself  for a long time has been my desire to write and record my own songs or at least a song.

 I Attract Both Men & Women'- Sheebah Finally Opens Up On Sexual Orientation  - The Spy

What does it actually take to write and record a song that becomes popular is such a way that it can be played on television stations and radio stations across the country and also abroad. That is the sole question i would like to answer. 

When we see successful music artists like Sheebah Karungi, Spice Diana, Winnie Nwagi and the others out there, we think that it is actually easy to get there until we are faced with the desire to also join the music industry.

` I recently talked to one of the music producers in Uganda who has a music studio in Kamwokya and he told me that it would take alot of time especially for a first timer like me trying to sing. I agree with him. First things first, what genre of music will i even sing?

 Iam not sure whether it will be Reggea, Ragga, Rythm and Blues commonly known as RnB, or just Soul music. May be even Hip hop or Zouk. 

Now that is a dilemma already. or will i just resort to Kidandali of Uganda? Since iam very passionate about music especially Ugandan music, i would like to try out something to do with Kidandali.

 Now another thing the producer told me was that i would have to first do a voice test to find out if my vocal chords can actually sing properly and that actually shocked me.

 Now anything out there requires money? Oh the money, how much will i pay for the producer to do the work?  Around 200,000 shillings i was told.

 What about the videos? Forget the video, we are still dealing with audio music. This is one thing i will keep thinking about and i hope that one day i will actually get the courage to write and record my songs even if no radio station plays them, i will just share the songs with my friends and family. 

And if the videos can probably come out  I will just post them on Youtube and Facebook for people to enjoy for free. What if the opposite happens? And my music takes off, well i will enjoy the celebrity status, or the women those ones i will enjoy.

 But seriously, this is something i would like to work on. Hope you will one day listen to my songs but again what stage name will i use. Well, I don't even know.

Comments