NOVEL WRITING

 By Matata Mercy

Over the years i have set for myself goals and i managed to achieve some of those goals and other goals are still stuck in my bucket list. 

Rare 'Harry Potter' Books Are Worth More Than $50,000 | Mental Floss

One of such goals that have been stuck in my bucket list is my goal of writing novels or at least a novel. In the past to be exact, in the year 2011, attempted to write my first novel and all that happened was i left it in the first draft but the idea of writing a novel and getting it published has since been haunting me and nagging me. 

And this year i have  taken a bold step to try to achieve this goal. This year will be a good year for me and i can see simply because Am facing my fears confidently and working on some of the projects that i have long ignored or started but then lost interest and was unable to see them through. 

This year i have started working on my first novel and unless the other time, iam taking this seriously and will see to it that i push it to the end.

 I have already written some few pages of the novel and iam actively developing plot lines and working on scenes for the different chapters of the novel. 

Although iam still a long way from getting it published, iam glad that iam taking the first steps towards accomplishing this goal that has been giving me alot of night mares.  

Since iam new in the area of novel writing, iam learning from the best novelists like Dan Brown of the Davinci Code fame and also JK Rowling who wrote the master piece called Harry Potter. 

Iam not yet sure if i can be able to match the kind of success that these novelists achieved by selling millions of copies of their works but it is a great inspiration for me to try to accomplish my goal.  

Iam not giving up on this goal and will keep working and refining my ideas in that novel until it can be accepted by a publisher or if the worst comes to the worst, i will have to dig into my pocket to get the book published. Whatever happens, i just need to get my work out there. 

Iam working on a Sci-fi novel and will keep working on it for a long time and hope to publish the book after working on all scenes and getting it into the hands of publishers and book agents. 

I will not give up on this goal but will keep fighting to accomplish it. I do believe that one day you will get your hands on one of my novels.

Comments