FACING THE STORM

By Matata Mercy

 Have you ever faced a storm in your life? Recently i went to visit a friend of mine whom i have not seen for a very long time and therefore i decided that i wanted to meet him and we catch up on the old times.

Facing the Storm on Behance

 I was able to meet this friend of mine who lived in a near by suburb from my own place in the city where i live.

 After bidding him farewell and he offered me some foodstuffs that he packed in the grocery and off i went. 

On my way back home, i saw dark clouds gather up in the sky, a sign that it was about to rain heavily. I did not mind much at that time but a few minutes later my fears were confirmed and it started raining heavily.

 I was in the middle of a lonely street where there were no nearby buildings or shelter where i could dive for cover.

The street was flooding and the trenches had already been filled with running rain water on the ground. At that time, i was terrified and thought of running back to my friend's place for safety but again i had already walked a very long distance.

 I made up my mind to therefore just keep moving foward and hoping that i would be able to find some shelter or building somewhere.

By this time, i was already dripping wet and  the cold was blowing off my skin like i was just from diving into the swimming pool.

As the rain droplets continued hitting me, persisted and kept going until i was able to find an open building where people had gathered waiting for the rain to stop.

 What do you do when you find yourself in a hard situation in your life, do you run away or you persist until you find a solution?

When things get tough, most people will give up on their goals and dreams? They will seek comfort where they are actually not comfortable.

Will you seek comfort where you are not comfortable or you will keep moving foward until you get a solution?  That's up to you.

Comments