THE FEAR OF STAGNATING IN LIFE

By Matata Mercy

What will you do  when you find yourself falling behind and your peers seem to be progressing and you seem to be static and not making any sensible form of progress in your life? It happens and happens very often.

Falling behind and the active classroom | Teaching Tales

I have had the same feelings of falling behind for a long period of time and it is almost for a  decade. I remember during my high school days when the final year results were released and i discovered that i did not perform well.

The grades that i obtained could not even take me to University just to get entry into the high institution of learning.


 While my friends with whom we were studying were busy celebrating their success in the national exams, i was devastated and i felt like my whole world had come down crumbling before me.

 I felt humiliated and very embarrassed by my performance and all the pride and dreams that i had for myself had just evaporated into the air without any trace.

 I was forced to go back and start all over gain and resit the exams while my friends continued to join University and pursue the courses that they had  dreamt of doing. It was then that the reality hit me that i was actually falling behind my friends and i could not move at their pace. 

There was a feeling of being not intelligent enough at the time and all this led me into depression.  I remember i even lost appetite and became a loner and always locked myself up in my room only coming out for meals and then going back into my room again.

It was not a very good experience and therefore when i talk about falling behind, i do understand that feeling very well. Therefore what do you do when you actually find yourself falling behind?

 From my own point of veiw, you should first accept that you are actually falling behind and if you can be able to accept that fact then the next steps that you will take will actually be very easy for you to take.

After you have been able to accept that you have fallen behind, you then now decide to take your life seriously and take the necessary steps that will help you progress.

If you are a student you have fallen behind, it is time to start taking your studies seriously, attend classes, do assignments and also read and discuss with your friends. I assure you, you will most likely make progress and you will be proud of your achievements in the long run.

Facing failure can be so humiliating and embarrassing but you should take it as a lesson to help you to improve yourself so that next time you do not allow such mistakes to affect your life.

 You can avoid becoming stagnant in life, all you need is some confidence and hardwork. Wish you all the best in life.

Comments