WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE BROKE AND HOMELESS?

By Matata Mercy
 
All of us would love to live the good life that we do dream of. Our parents have taught us alongside the society that we do live in that living a good life means that we should have a good job that pays us a high salary.

 Image result for pictures of a homeless man

Because this way of thinking most people out there believe that when you do not have a job that is paying you a good salary or a business  that is making you lots of money, then you are by their definition worthless or poor.

What if all that goes away and you find yourself deep in debt and you have been kicked out of your home or apartment for failing to pay the rent?

When you are broke and homeless, that is the time when you will discover the things that you do value, especially the things that you would be doing even if you were not paid any single coin or cent.

 I have been jobless or unemployed for  a number of years now after completing my Engineering degree and this experience has built me up and i have been able to discover the things that i do treasure irrespective of my situation and my inability to make money.

One thing that i learnt is that i love writing and blogging, my passion for this has never gone down and instead each and everyday i dream of doing this for the rest of my life irrespective of what iam going through or where life takes me.

 Writing is my passion and what i live for even if iam as broke as a church mouse, i will just keep writing even if i do not earn a penny into my pocket.

Another thing i discovered recently is the fact that i love doing art,particularly inspirational art that adds value into the lives of other people and pushes them to achieve the impossible. 

Most people mistake their ability to earn money to what they love doing and if they cannot make money from something, they will just quit.

While for others, they are stuck in jobs that they do not like but they are in it simply because they have to pay the bills and survive.

 I would rather stick to doing the things i love instead of getting stuck in jobs that i do not like even if it means being kicked out of my house for failing to pay rent.

 Atleast as the years go on i will be happy that iam doing the things that i love and therefore achieving my goals.

Even if no one else was reading my articles, i would stick them onto the bathroom wall for everyone else to read. I therefore ask you, what would you do if you were broke and homeless?  Would you continue doing what you are doing if you were not paid for it?

 You should find the one thing or things that you would be happy to do if everything else was taken away from you.

This will bring you peace in your life and in the long run since you are using your creative ability, it will eventually pay off.

Comments