ELEPHANT AND IVORY

By Matata Mercy

Man, what do you want from me?

You claim to be conserving me for the future generations but you do not
In the actual sense you don’t do what you say but do otherwise.

Image result for elephant photos
While you claim to be conserving me for the future generation

Another part of you is busy hunting me down for my two precious gifts

Another part of you is hunting me down for my precious ivory

Another part of you looks at my Ivory as it’s treasure and does not hesitate to have it in it’s lovely hands.

Man, your off springs come with guns and spears to take me to the depths of hell just to be able to have a piece of my body.

You take a life which is precious in the eyes of the creator for a piece of a body which is not worth the value of life.

Is ivory worth the life of an animal that will bring foreign currency to your economy?

Have you thought about what your future beings will think about your recklessness, never conserving for the future attitude.

Your future offspring will be sorry for what you did and they will not forgive you for what you have done.

 Man, what will you say if your grand children ask you how an elephant looks like?
Will you only show them pictures and videos?

If you do not adjust your way of doing things, your grand children will never feel the touch of an elephant.

Should the creator first throw his wrath on earth before you can change?

Let us hope you will change and that is my humble prayer, Mr. Elephant has spoken.

Comments